- Patient must have an appropriate rehab-related diagnosis as determined by the admitting physician and accepting administrator of the hospital.
- Patient must be medically stable enough to participate in 3 hours of therapy per day or 15 hours of therapy over a 7-day period.
- Patient must require the skilled services of at least two therapy disciplines (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology).
- Patient must require the specialized care of a physician with expertise in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Patient must have potential to participate and benefit from therapies.
- Patient must have potential to achieve measurable rehabilitation objectives.
- Patient must exhibit the desire to participate in therapies.
- Patient must have an appropriate, realistic, post-rehabilitation discharge plan.
- Patient must be at least 18 years of age.